Wednesday 8 July 2015

he plagues my every thought...

Recently I have dreamt about him pretty much every night, most of them involve us rekindling what we had and working together to try and become what we once were. Obviously when I wake up there is the disappointment, however as much as I wish I could just fall back asleep again, the dreams don't affect me as much as they used to. I do still think of him every minute of every day, but I am more inclined to be happy at the good memories and be happy he was a part of my life, rather than work myself up to getting upset all over again. Yes there are still the days when I feel like my grief just takes over, that all I want to do is surround myself with memories of him. I have had to stop myself many a times from looking at his profile on facebook (he is private but you can still see some updates). I know if I saw something I didn't want to then it would upset me more.
I have also been good in that I have resisted the urge to try and connect with him. Im beginning to understand all them quotes that say it is not what he says but what he does about it. As much as I hope he still thinks of me and questions what happened in the end, I feel he has less of an inclination to rekindle or do anything about it compared to me. If I speak to him he will ask about my life and what I have been up to, but unlike me who will remember and follow up on any important dates or things he has coming up, he doesn't; and I am starting to learn that if he truly did hold them feelings he said he did then he would. So bit by bit I am learning to put him out of my mind and move on, it is taking a long while but then I never doubted this. It is nearly a year to the date it officially ended. I know how I feel about it all and what I wish would or could happen, but I would give anything to know how he feels about it and whether he is just better at holding back.






No comments:

Post a Comment