Tuesday 19 April 2016

be sure...

He acknowledged the sending of my email, and just seeing his name pop up on my phone sent me in shock, like I began shaking and felt so cold. The effect he has on me is so strange, it is so so strong after all this time and I guess it is because the feelings I hold for him are still equally as strong. The fact that he acknowledged and said he would reply when he had time was more than I could have asked for, I did not expect a reply, I expected him to read it and just get angry, delete it and be annoyed that I had thrown this on his plate. It has sent my mind in a frenzy today knowing that I will receive a reply, waiting on the message that tells me thank you for my thoughts but it is not going to happen. But I have kept busy and distracted myself and I am happier now, I know I have sent it and he has read it. I know I have nothing else to say, the big 'what if' weight can be lifted off my shoulders and I know where I stand, and how I can go about moving on. I have put this off for 6 months and I felt no better for not sending it to him. So if anyone is considering sending their ex a message, I would say make sure you are ready for no response or a response which could send you back down a spiral. Be sure that you want this, and you know it will make you feel better in the long run. Take the chance, be brave and just pour your heart out. You can't regret being honest, how that person replies is up to them, but least you will know from then on that you did all you could do, you fought until your very last breath.




2 comments:

  1. Hey tania am slightly surprised that you sent him the letter even though you are aware that he is in an official relationship , I would like to know more about the problems you faced together when you were in a relationship and if anything changed after you broke up ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey....I really didnt want to send him the letter once I knew he was with someone, I didnt really want to be that girl sending a plea. However for my own sanity I had to do it, and if I didnt do it now then I would only sit and wonder over and over. What changed when we broke up was me simply sorting my life out in terms of a job and a career goal. I was at a low point in my life near the end with my job and it was affecting me in all other areas, but mix that with a bf whose shifts classed with yours and you never really got the chance to see each other properly it all just got too tense.I sent the letter cause he would say he didnt think this is what I wanted, and I needed time to go away and think about it, he thought he was holding me back. so I guess I also wanted to tell him that he wasnt and he was everything I wanted then and still is now. That is why I sent him the letter

      Delete