Saturday 23 April 2016

my final message to him...

I understand that you have a lot of things going on in your life, and I am sorry if I added more stress to your life by holding on for so long with this, I apologise for how long it took for me to let things go. I accept and respect your views, I am just happy I know now and can lift this ‘what if’ weight of my shoulders. 

I think in me trying to move on I was really just holding on, and I missed you so much because I kept the memory of us alive too much. Perhaps I held on because I was scared that something that felt so great would not happen twice and perhaps I was hoping too much that we would find a way to turn the clock back to what it used to be. I guess I was naïve. But time does heal all wounds and I know I can move on one day, and I understand now that moving on is more about accepting that you still have room in your heart to love a person but you don’t need to be with them to be happy

It’s been a long hard road, and we have both gone our separate journeys, but in sending this I hope I have finally found the closure I need to move on. I am happy our paths crossed and for all the times we shared, I would not trade them for the world, and I take comfort in the fact that the love we shared was real. You’ve made me realise a lot of things about myself, I am stronger now because of you. I am going to miss you but I want you to be happy, I'm happy you have found someone who gets to feel the way I did when I was in your presence, she truly is a lucky girl.

To the moon and back remember…






4 comments:

  1. You are idealizing him tanya and that is not helping you to move on . If the love you lived was real he won't let go of you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to realise this now, it has taken me long enough but now I can see that I have put him on a pedastool where he can do nothing wrong. I guess I just refuse to let go of things once I get attached, so it will take me a while but I know I will get there eventually.

      Delete
  2. He made you believe that you are his everything you couldn't believe that he can live without you , try to analize the situation now maybe look at his new girlfriend , is she the opposit of what you were when you were with him ? Does she have a stable well paid job? Maybe that's what he was looking for but couldn't tell you and maybe that's what was causing problems in your relationship maybe that is what pushed you to break up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont really know much about her so I cant compare which to be fair is probably a good thing. I think where I was at in my life at the time definitely cause tension between us and then with opposing shift patterns and not seeing each other that much it definitely didnt help. I am feeling much better about everything now though, if I think of him I dont start thinking of my feelings, he is just a passing thought. I really do think sending this letter to him helped me out.

      Delete